Image Credit By: startuptipsdaily.com
There are a number of ways to make money online. Options range from creating your own product to sell online, making money as a professional blogger, managing an online community, developing a content site on a hot topic – just to name a few.
All of these are just various ways to deliver content online. Your first step will be choosing a niche, which is the market or topic you are going to focus on.
Speaking of focus, with so many options to make money online – focus is key. You want to choose a niche and a business model, and work on that one project all the way from start to profit. Don’t let all the other options distract or derail you.
Once you decide on a topic or niche, you should sit down and map out a plan for your internet business model. What market are you targeting, and how can you best serve that market? This is the angle you want to work from, vs the more common: how can I make the most money from this market? (Most people get it backwards and then get frustrated when that doesn’t work out for them)
What Are The Best Ways To Make Money Online?
As someone who’s been immersed in a number of online industries for quite some time, I know a thing or two about what it takes to succeed in this arena. However, just like you, I started at ground zero with little knowledge, but a great deal of passion. What I learned along the way were some invaluable lessons from failure that hurt at the time, but helped immensely in the grand scheme of things.
Today, if you’re at all serious about succeeding in any endeavor, whether online or offline, you have to deliver enormous amounts of value. Yes, you have to do the most amount of work for the least initial return. This is especially true online. Why? Because it takes time to build authority and create an audience, two primary ingredients necessary to succeed in the wonderful world of commerce on the web.
Every successful business and person has delivered a tremendous amount of value at the outset. They did the most amount of work, and they inspected every detail meticulously, to ensure that they were doing right by their customers. As long as you keep that in mind, and you don’t look for a quick buck, you’ll succeed in the long term.
- Find your niche — Figure out what you’re good at or what you want to be good at. You don’t need to be an expert right now, but you do need to decide where you’re going to fit in if you’re at all serious about making serious cash in the long term.
- Build a blog on a custom domain — Your blog is your virtual home. Without it, you’ve no place to filter all that traffic and people interested in what you have to say. But don’t build a blog on a subdomain like yoursite.wordpress.com, create a blog with a custom domain like www.yoursite.com.
- Always add value — Adding value over time creates authority, and authority breeds trust, which in turn helps to grow your audience and readership. Without a significant following, you’ll find it hard to gain any traction online. It simply takes time.
- Create an email list and treat them right — One of the best ways to make money online is by marketing to an actively-interested group of email subscribers. While most people think that email marketing is dead, that’s far from the truth. This is your greatest potential source of income online. Think of it as your money tree.
- Don’t sacrifice morals for a quick buck — At the outset, you’ll want to do all sorts of things to make money online, but don’t sacrifice your morals for a quick buck. Not only will you put people off, but you’ll lose Google’s trust. You also shouldn’t concern yourself with things like Adsense or other ads on a blog before you have around 100,000 visitors per day. Yes, per day.
- Take it seriously. Yes, you’re applying for an online job. Yes, you can do the work in your underwear, but that doesn’t mean it’s not a “real job”. You must treat it as such or they aren’t going to treat you as a serious candidate. You aren’t the only one who wants to work in their underwear. In fact, the competition online is likely higher than it is in your local area.
- Be professional. When you submit a résumé, don’t type it in ALL CAPS and please don’t avoid the caps lock like the plague. Know how to use it without looking incompetent. Write in complete sentences with proper grammar. Of course, there will be exceptions, but even with the exceptions, you must keep it professional. You’re building their view of you.
- Give some, but not all. Whether you’re providing writing samples, a photography portfolio or links to your work, give them enough examples to get the idea, but not so many that they don’t even know where to start. And while we’re on the topic, give them some of your background information, but don’t tell them your life story.
- Double check yourself, before you double wreck yourself. Make sure everything you send to a company, whether a résumé, an email or a portfolio, is good to go. Double check your grammar and wording, and for God’s sake use spell check! This is especially important when it comes to the company’s name. Don’t spell their name wrong and be sure to type it how they type it (e.g. Problogger, not Pro Blogger).
Websites That Pay
Let’s go ahead and get this out of the way. There are all kinds of websites that will pay you for various things, such as shopping, taking surveys or testing products. No, I’m not getting paid to promote any of these and no, these websites won’t make you a millionaire, but they are great for earning some extra cash. I’ll leave out the scams.
Here are some legitimate websites that pay:
- Swagbucks – Swagbucks is great for earning some extra cash. You can do a variety of things to make money, from taking surveys to using their search engine. You won’t get rich, but you will earn a few bucks. If you have the time to kill, you can spend it earning some extra cash, instead of surfing the web
- InboxDollars – InboxDollars is similar to Swagbucks, since you’re going to be taking surveys, shopping, etc., so if you want to maximize your return, sign up with both websites. They also offer a search engine that pays you (like Swagbucks) and you get $5 just for signing up. I won’t continue to list survey sites one after another down the list, but if you want to get paid to take surveys, also check out GlobalTestMarket, E-Poll Surveys and Survey Club.
- It will tell the exact methods to start doing something online
- It will help guide you to understand the process of each method
- It will simplify the process for you to make it easier to get started
- It will emphasize on the needs to be fulfilled as an online entrepreneur
When such things are coming your way, who is going to stop looking for it?
Let’s get started…
But the most important thing is that you need to know a few things that are extremely important in money making online. In fact, without understanding these certain things, you won’t be able to succeed in this field.
So, buckle up and get ready to read that.
Online Money Making Traits to Adopt
Before starting any activity online, you need to adopt some habits to be a successful earner. Every field has few things to adopt, So I feel Following are necessary elements to be adopted in order to successfully establish a career online:
Learn and Keep Learning
Learning doesn’t stop in any form of education, research, and business. It keeps on going. What you need to do is, do not stop learning. Once you think you know everything, the thirst of learning something new decreases and you might lose a few chances to get to know something new. It could be online articles, books, research papers, and even web surfing. The purpose of learning should be there. Once you’re a keen learner, you’d notice that you would continue to absorb the knowledge and information you come across.
Start and Become Consistent
‘START DOING IT’ is a popular entrepreneurial strategy that is highly practiced in the online business world. START represents taking the action. If you’re a beginner in online business, whether you want to become an internet marketer or a blogger, what you need to do is MAKE A START. The next part is getting CONSISTENT whatever you’ve chosen to do. Most of the failures in the world have only one major problem with them and that is they lack CONSISTENCY! Just keep on doing it
Alright. I got it. From my mystical dive into your very psyche, I’ve gathered that you:
- Work a 9 to 5 job
- Want to know how to make extra money online
- Would love the flexibility of working from home
Alright, maybe that trick wasn’t that cool BUT I bet this applies to a lot of you reading this. You don’t have to be a mind reader to know that the majority of people want to escape their office jobs, have more flexibility, and earn more cash. The problem is, though, not a lot of people know HOW to do it.
The good news: With the magic of the internet, you can easily start earning money online this month through freelancing.
The bad news: Freelancing online is only for people who are willing to work hard and put in the time, NOT for those who just want to find a “magic bullet” to make money instead.
If you’re looking to get-rich-quick, I suggest you find another article. For everyone else, if you want to make money through freelancing, there are just a few things you need to know.
1. Create a website or blog
To start as an affiliate marketer, you must have a site on which to place links to the products or services you recommend. There are many inexpensive website services such as Hostgator and GoDaddy. It’s also easy to set up a free blog through services such as Google’s Blogger blog network. I also use Namecheap for domains and Hostnine (get a reseller account) for hosting.
2. Decide your product/service niche
Affiliate marketers help companies and entrepreneurs sell everything from jewelry and cell phones to website services and how-to e-books. Choose an area you’re familiar with or one you’re enthusiastic about learning. You’ll be more likely to do the work and less likely to get bored before the money starts rolling in.
3. Find products and services to promote
Many affiliate networks exist to connect merchants with affiliate site publishers who can help sell their goods. Companies such as:
- Clickbank, E-junkie and PayDotCom lead the pack in connecting the creators of e-books and software with affiliates to help sell their digital download products.
- Commission Junction is popular for those who want to sell more traditional wares ranging from travel services to janitorial franchises.
- Google AdSense, which doesn’t require your involvement to result in a sale. Your income is realized on a pay-per-click basis, just for leading your traffic to click to a merchant’s site. PPC affiliate programs pay a lot less than programs where your referral must result in a sale. Keep in mind that a site peppered with ads and no authority or trust can look and feel like spam, and you won’t get good results.
4. Affiliate site content
There are two main approaches or business models to choose from when setting up an affiliate marketing site:
- Resource Sites These sites are focused on offering lots of how-to articles and posts, and then provide affiliate links or banner ads to click for more details. Frequently adding fresh related content is vital because it gives people a reason to return to your site–and click some of your money-making links.
- Review Sites You’ve tried the products in your niche, now you write them up and rate them to help your site visitors decide what to buy. For each product you review, you provide a link or banner ad that clicks through for sales on your merchant partner’s site. Less frequent content updates are necessary–just tweak your site about once a week to let the search engines know your site’s still alive, and always try to build links.
5. Affiliate sites must attract lots of targeted traffic to succeed
Most people visiting your website or blog won’t click your affiliate links. That’s why it’s crucial to employ a mix of marketing tactics to increase traffic–highly targeted traffic–to your site.
There are four main ways to get more site exposure and attract more potential customers:
- Paid Advertising This is most effective when your ad copy headline, call-to-action message and graphics come together just right to compel people to click through and buy.
- Free Advertising Sites like Craigslist and US Free Ads are but two of many popular places that accept links and banner ads for free. These tend to be affiliate marketing sites themselves, earning the owner money whenever you click their ads.
- Article Marketing This popular marketing method offers several benefits. You’re building credibility as a reliable source in your
6. How To Create a Blog
When it comes to any beginners guide to blogging, the first step is always going to include how to setup your blog.
This post was designed to encourage people to take up blogging, and start making money online, with just a small amount of start-up money.
We all want to start earning a passive income, and one of the best way to do that is with blogging, because if you start writing something that people are interested in, you can start to earn money in ways you’d never considered before, and it starts to surpass the income that you had generated for yourself in the past.
Read this post to learn everything from registering your domain, setting up your blog, all the way to making money.
7. Finding a Blog Design
Anytime you create something new, whether it’s a product, a service, or a website, start by taking a look at what others have created before you. It’s much easier to follow someone else’s technique that’s been tried and tested, with proven results, and that’s especially true when it comes to website design.
Website have become a lot easier to navigate, particularly ones built with WordPress, but I’m still running into sites that I can’t quite get my head around because they haven’t thought their site through properly yet. To help you set the foundation for your blog design, We’ve listed 10 design elements that almost all big blogs have in common and how you can implement them on your WordPress blog.
8. The Beginners Guide To Customizing Your Blog Design
If you want your blog to stand out from the crowd (and you do), then you have to add some customization so that it doesn’t look like everyone else who is using the same theme as you. That’s the beauty of WordPress though, you don’t have to worry about expensive costs of web developers, trying to find someone to do it for you, because you can do it all yourself.
It’s often as simple as finding a few plugins (which we recommend in the post), and then perhaps a few additional design details, such as a new header and logo. Not only do the customization’s listed in this post make your website look better, but they actually make it easier to use too, increase reader interaction, and improve the amount of time spent on the site.
9. Learn How To Write Great Blog Posts
This is so important, because if you can’t write, then you can’t blog.
Fortunately, it’s not as hard as you may think, it just takes a little bit of time to learn.
Writing is the easiest thing in the world when you know how to do it, and the most important step has to be learning to plan properly. Sentence structure and grammar will come over time, but so long as you can plan on paper what you want to write, it’s a walk in the park, because you already know everything you’re going to say.
After that comes structure for your posts, and additional details that you can include, such as anecdotes, and introductions.
10. Write a Top List Article For Lot’s of Traffic
This is my absolute top way of driving traffic to my website because everyone loves a list, packed full of useful information, and if someone disagrees (and they will) with what you’ve written, they’ll be sure to tell you and others all about it, driving even more traffic to your site. For the sake of this demonstration, I’m going to use my posts titled ’Top 20 Most Influential Photographer Bloggers‘ to show you how to write the ultimate top list, and everything in my list is transferable to any other niche.
Coming up with a top list is incredibly easy, and it always surprises me when people ask me what they should write about. You simply write what people are interested in, and what some people are going to disagree with, as this will gain attention for your list. Top Lists are something I try to do every month or two, because not only do you earn more money from them, but they give your Google traffic a boost too.
11. The Beginners Guide To Blog SEO
For the first few years, we never tried much with SEO and were able to rank higher then most of our competition. This is because we focused on great content first.
Great content helps you to rank high in search engines because you get lots of back links and social shares. This tells Google that people love your content and Google wants to link to sites that their users will love.
Today, ranking high in Google still is a big part about creating great content but it’s a lot more competitive now. So if you want number 1 rankings, you got to do some search engine optimization.